4/20/12

Drink up! Hydrate or snore!

This is perhaps TMI for my gentle readership but who knew I snored? Well, it seems I snore a lot. A Google search of snoring revealed anecdotal evidence of links between snoring and sleep apnea and dehydration. We found scant peer reviewed studies even on scholar Google. Still it seemed worth a try. Beats separate beds or rooms,  CPAP machines, surgery or even stuffing a pillow over my head.

Here, drink water.

It worked and immediately. How'd I get so dry? Studies say most of us are dehydrated. I was ultra dehydrated. I worked in a call center for umpteen years. There we could not exactly get up and grab a drink as we wish. Your customer service person can't put you on hold because we need to go get a drink of water.

I had a drinking problem. Problem was I did not drink. Cups of coffee to wake up and then nothing.

As cyclists we have a vast, eclectic collection of water bottles and Klean Kanteens. The Klean Kanteens have almost a cult following. I now appreciate those I see clutching the colorful bottles close to their chest as if it's an oxygen bottle you can't step out without.

There are many ways to live the hydrated, renewable, bottle and can free lifestyle including the uber-trendy use of Ball Jar or canning jars.

http://madeinusareviews.blogspot.com/2011/05/great-taste-and-tradition-made-here.html

Other solutions are Nalgene bottles many of which are made in USA. Nalgene almost started the trend. Klean Kanteens use a food grade of stainless, Nalgene uses a surgical grade of stainless steel. We'll be getting more Nalgene bottles from now on.

http://nalgene.com

We just found a brand of reusable bottles made right here in the sunny Pacific Northwest. Remind me to write about those next.

No comments:

Post a Comment