4/11/10

And we're walking ...

We recently completed a half marathon. When I say completed it was more like survived. And when I say we K did just fine, singing to me and volunteers, kidding that we were leading the runners when really we were the very last of the walkers.

The walkers passed us, the gals doing the half marathon while hula hooping passed us, then briefly we were alone till the first runners passed. Dang, the lead runners are fast. We cheered the first woman racer who had breath enough to say "thanks" as she hung with the front of the pack of guys.

Then the middle of the pack runners, followed by the slower but still doing it runners, the back of that pack and finally us .... or I should say me with K keeping me company. We arrived at the end to see the finish line being deflated and carted away. I handed my chip to a volunteer who said he'd turn it in. I hope he did or they may still be looking for that lost participant.

I'm very proud we did the event, my first "foot event". Now I know more how to train and equip. Our plan is a few shorter events and revisit the long distance later on.

Equipment: if you train it may seem you sign some pact to buy imports. Good gear made here in the good ol' USA is hard to find. Our goal will be to point out some good stuff. And if there's something we've missed please let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment